Friday, October 28, 2005

Rant, Rant, Rant

Hey everyone-

It's Friday. Over the last few days, I've heard some really disturbing movie news and thought I would rant about it tonight.
First on my list is Peter Jackson's King Kong. I thought the original with Fay Wray was ok, but horribly overrated. I also remember thinking that it took an awful long time to get to the monkey climbing the building, and that movie is like 90 minutes. So, I was surprised to hear yesterday that Jackson's version will be 3 hours long. Seriously. The word is that the studios wanted a 2 1/2 hr. cut, but Jackson pushed for the 3 hour version, saying he would pay for the extra F/X shots himself. I'm glad to see his passion for the project, but I can't help but think of a quote from the Simpsons, where they parody King Kong. A reporter asks Mr. Burns about his show, and burns says: "Well, the ape's going to stand around for three hours or so, and then we'll close with the ethnic comedy of Duggan and Dirschwitz". At least Mr. Burns has an encore.
Still, that's not the most shocking news of the day. Moving on, I've also heard that 'ol Sly Stallone is planning on making new installments for both the Rocky series and Rambo. Rambo IV is supposed to start shooting next spring in the US and Mexico. Why, Why, Why, can't studios just let these things die? Just cause you can make a sequel doesn't mean you should. And, on that same note, the most shocking news I've heard today is that a remake of Predator is being planned starring John Freaking Cena. Now, not only is that a bad idea, but the original Predator was almost a bust. There where ego clashes and they couldn't agree on the look of the Predator. I think they should leave well enough alone, especially after the horrible Predator 2 and the disaster that was Alien Vs. Predator. Adding John Cena to this mix is like adding gasoline to the fire. I'm really hoping this doesn't pan out, or that Cena will lose on WWE and people won't like him any more. We can only hope. Well, hope all of you have a good weekend and I'll try to write soon!

Love, Andy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home