Sunday, December 11, 2005

When it rains it pours

Hey everyone-

Sunday night here. Sorry I haven't blogged in a while, it has been a busy week as usual and I haven't had time. First off, on Tuesday, I had a job interview. It was for Hollywood Video, a place where I worked before from 99-00. Truth be told, I liked that job a lot, but there were a few personal reasons that caused me to leave in October of 2000. My life didn't have a lot of direction at that point. I wasn't really interested in anything, and the future looked very bleak. I was afraid I would be stuck in Midland for my whole life, which is not what I wanted. So, it took a few years, but I'm finally doing what I want (trying to make a living off writing) so it's ok if I have to work at a place like that for now. I haven't heard anything yet about the interview, so I'll call them tomorrow to see what's what.
Yesterday (Saturday) was kind of wierd. I woke up at 7:30am or so (which, for those of you who know me well know I rarely get up that early). I was woken up by a leak in my cieling, which happened to be dripping onto a shopping bag which was causing the noise. I went downstairs to see if anyone was in the office yet (they weren't) but I did see a lone maintence guy and told him about it. He said he'd be by my apartment by 10:30am to look at the leak. So, at 11:00 when the guy wasn't there yet, I went back down to the office and asked where he was. Turns out he was the only maintinece guy there and was working on another apartment, but they said he'd be there as soon as he was done. This didn't turn out to be until about 2:30pm, and he didn't even do anything in my place, but he said the source of the leak was spilled water in the apartment above mine. Whatever he did up there fixed it. Then, later in the evening, I noticed an odd smell had polluted the apartment. I don't know exactly where it came from (but I have some theories). I made a late run to Target for some Fabreeze to counter it. It seemed like it was one thing after another---I did get some sleep today, so things are back to normal.
As for next week, more job hunting and there are a few movies out I want to see, namely Syriana and The Chronicles of Narnia. I'll post more after I hear about the Hollywood Video job. Have a great week-

Love, Andy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home